THAT Conference Wisconsin
Submissions Open Monday, January 1, 2024 through Saturday, March 2, 2024
Call for Camp Counselors
We are searching for hour-long sessions, half and full-day workshops, and keynotes that bring value to our community. The sessions and workshops can appeal to developers, designers, testers, business owners, site builders, community organizers, and everything in-between.
Summer Camp for Geeks®
THAT Conference is the largest family-friendly tech event in the US, and it’s held at a waterpark. We are a family-friendly conference and encourage children (geeklings) to submit talks as well! We are looking for counselors on a wide variety of topics and backgrounds. Do you have a story to tell? Do you have expertise in a specific field to share? We want to hear from you!
Audiences And Formats
You can apply to speak for the following audiences and formats:
Professional & Family Formats
THAT Conference is a professional polyglot technical conference with a rich experience for children and other family members. Your session could be aimed at the professional track or for family "geeklings".
Standard sessions are 60 minutes each, including time for answering questions. There is a 30-minute break in-between each session to nurture those all-important hallway conversations.
Half-day (four hours) or full-day (8 hours), the day leading into THAT Conference is set aside for a full day of workshops. Be prepared to provide attendees a decent agenda for what you'll cover.
Do you have what it takes to give a 90-minute speech on something you're passionate about? You'll have an audience of over 1,000 people in front of the stage listening to your story. We want topics that'll motivate, energize, and help attendees see the world differently as the diverse place it is.
Key Dates You Need To Know
Perks If You're Selected To Speak At That Conference
To attend all 4 days of THAT Conference! Including all conference meals, THAT Pig Roast and all social/networking activities!
For each talk accepted we cover 2 Double Queen Sofa nights at the Kalahari, up to a 3 nights max per family.
We got ya covered, literally.
Become a Camp Counselor today!
Submissions open through
Saturday, March 2, 2024 UTC
Frequently asked questions
Have more questions? Just drop us an email or hit us up in the chat. [email protected].
- Well, I messed up. Can I update my activity?
- Of course. Just head over to your profile image, and select the My Submissions menu option. Edit away, and if you need some assistance, please let us know.
- Do you cover any travel expenses?
- We do not. We are a not-for-profit and have chosen to keep the ticket cost as affordable as possible to allow everyone an opportunity to attend.
- I need help with my abstract or presentation?
- No problem. We host a session every Wednesday on THAT.us. Just join us.
- Will this be recorded?
- It depends on the budget for the year. A recording is super expensive to do well, and if we're able to do so, we will ask you to sign a release form.
- Do I need to book my own room?
- Yes, and don't delay. We will provide you a link and all of the necessary information to get lodging secured.
- How do I get reimbursed for my room?
- We will work with the resort and magically apply the credit to your bill. You are responsible for any other expenses incurred. We reimburse the cost of a Double Queen Sofa rate.
- Can my family come?
- Yes! Better yet, have them attend your activity. We will even provide you some complimentary tickets.
- Is there a speaker dinner?
- No, but instead, we have a pig roast one night where everyone is invited, including families.
- What does the room setup look like?
- Square, tan walls, big screen, podium, with a lot of chairs.
- Do I need to register? Do I get a ticket?
- Yes. If selected, we will provide you will the necessary information to get it all squared away.